WWE Money In The Bank Top 5 Longest Holders
Beginning with the 2017 event, women also have the opportunity to compete in such a match, with their prize being a contract for a women's championship match. The Money In The Bank Ladder match was first established in 2005 at WWE's annual event WrestleMania. Then WWE went on to erect it as the official separated event in 2010 since then there have been 23 Money In The Bank Ladder winners consisting Women's and Men's Money The Bank Ladder matches.
The initial winner is Edge who defeated Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Kane, and Christian for World Heavyweight Championship match. He held the first briefcase for 280 days.
In 2010 Kane became the Money In The Bank winner in the first separated event by defeating Christian, Matt Hardy, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, and Cody Rhodes.
Here is the list for top 5 longest holders:
1. Carmella(287 days)
Carmella has won Women's Money In The Bank Ladder match twice. In 2016 she defeated Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Natalya, and Tamina for WWE SmackDown Women's Championship match. It was the first women's Money In The Bank Ladder match which she held only for 2 days. SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan stripped Carmella of the briefcase two days after the event because of interference by Carmella's manager James Ellsworth, who retrieved the briefcase.
1. Carmella held her first Money In The Bank contract for 2 days.
2. She held her second Money In The Bank contract for 287 days, which is the longest of any wrestler to hold the contract.
2. Edge(280 days)
In 2005, Edge defeated Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Kane, and Christian for World Heavyweight Championship match. He was the initial Money In The Bank winner which he held the contract for 280 days. In the 2005 WWE draft, World Heavyweight Champion Batista was drafted to SmackDown while WWE Champion John Cena was drafted to Raw, thus enabling Edge to challenge for the WWE Championship instead. Mr. Kennedy Lost his contract against Edge on the May 7, 2007 episode of Raw. Kennedy is the only wrestler to lose the briefcase without cashing it in. Mr. Kennedy held the contract for 36 days. As a result of the switch, Edge became a member of the SmackDown brand, marking the first time this occurred. Edge held the contract for 1 day (4 days according to WWE, due to the episode of SmackDown airing on tape delay.). Edge became the first person to win the Money in the Bank contract twice and the first to win the contract in a match other than the Money in the Bank ladder match.
1. Edge held his first Money In The Bank contract for 280 days.
2. He cased-in to defeat John Cena after two Spears to win the championship after Cena had successfully defended the title against Shawn Michaels, Carlito, Kurt Angle, Chris Masters, and Kane in an Elimination Chamber match.
3. Seth Rollins(273 days)
In 2014 Seth Rollins defeated Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Rob Van Dam, and Dean Ambrose WWE World Heavyweight Championship match contract.
1. Seth Rollins was the First to cash-in while a championship match was in progress.
2. First to cash-in his contract at WrestleMania.
3. Held the contract for 273 days.
4. Dolph Ziggler(267 days)
In 2012, Dolph Ziggler defeated Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Christian, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Tensai, and Santino Marella for World Heavyweight Championship match contract.
1. Dolph Ziggler Successfully defended his contract against Chris Jericho in a career vs. contract match on the August 20, 2012 episode of Raw.
2. He Successfully defended his contract against John Cena in a Ladder match at TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs
3. Held the contract for 267 days.
5. Sheamus(161 days)
In 2015, Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Neville, Randy Orton, and Roman Reigns for WWE World Heavyweight Championship match contract.
1. Held the contract for 161 days.
2. Sheamus defeated Roman Reigns after a Brogue Kick to win the championship after Reigns had defeated Dean Ambrose to win the vacant title.
Stay sticky with Anfostar to have furthermore information about WWE.